Designing your dream home has never been easier!
The Lindal Experience
At the heart of the Lindal experience, you will find a history, a philosophy and a promise that have served Lindal homeowners—and their lifestyles—since 1945. It’s a tradition that makes each Lindal custom cedar home a work of art that you can call home.
History. With decades of history, you have the benefits of years of knowledge, experience and personalized service as the world’s leading maker of custom cedar homes.
Philosophy. The Lindal philosophy is based on a belief that the human spirit thrives in a highly personalized home that reflects the passions and priorities of the homeowner. And our promise is, quite simply, the best guarantee in the custom cedar home industry. Keeping that promise is the secret to success—and your satisfaction.
Promise. A lot of things have changed since Lindal Cedar Homes was founded. What has not changed is the Lindal passion for quality; we’ve found it never goes out of style. Neither does originality, or the art of helping people create their own vision of home. The exclusive collection of architectural styles and new home floor plans makes it easy to transform your favorite Lindal home design into a personal expression of who you are and how you want to live.
For over 70 years, Lindal Cedar Homes has built its reputation for quality and environmental sustainability, customized design services that offer a predictable, flexible and high-quality building system for your specific site, personalized dealer service, and a structural warranty.
FIVE IMPORTANT ELEMENTS OF THE LINDAL EXPERIENCE:
- Quality: Only premium, above-grade quality home building materials are used. From the forest to the building site, our strict quality control standards and grading system begin where industry standards end. Premium grade wood, including Lindal’s Western Red Cedar is kiln-dried to reduce and control moisture content to limit twisting and warping, reducing weight, and increasing strength.
- Sustainability: For over twenty years, Lindal Cedar Homes has planted trees to replace those harvested for our homes in partnership with the American Forests Global ReLeaf program. Lindal has led green home building efforts in the use of energy efficient windows and detailing, and in the use of engineered wood and other sustainable materials.
- Design: Lindal homes are pre-engineered Post & Beam structures that are specifically engineered during the design process for the Newfoundland and Labrador climate and local regulatory requirements. Lindal’s Post & Beam System provides for open concept living and signatures walls of glass to let natural light in.
- Dealer Services: The local Lindal dealer is familiar with properties in the region, environmental conditions, codes, by-laws, and contractors, and can:
- Provide you a selection of custom home designs and help you create a site specific design,
- Determine the home building costs associated with your chosen home design,
- Help you find a custom home builder,
- Coordinate your home building materials kit order, from drawing and approving plans to the scheduling of shipping and delivery,
- And maintain ongoing communication with Lindal’s team of designers, architects and structural engineers.
- Guarantee: Every Lindal Cedar Home package also includes the best guarantee in the building industry, an industry exclusive Lifetime Structural Warranty.
Whether you are drawn to Lindal’s timeless Classic Designs, or the warm and modern homes offered in the Lindal Elements, Lindal Architects Collaborative Series, or Turkel Design for Lindal Cedar Homes, from a small treasure to a sprawling estate home, our team will help you during the entire process. You will have a lot of people behind you – the Lindal family, their experienced staff and skilled craftspeople, and Coastal Cedar Homes will work closely with you to help build the home of your dreams.